Assessments in COVID-19 situation
As we are keeping strong during these unprecedented times going through the COVID-19 health crisis, all Council members are still running, working safely from home and keeping busy with certifications while respecting the International Accreditation Forum requirements when managing extraordinary events or circumstance with remote audits.
Welcome on the ACAB'c website.
You will find here the relevant information related to our Council.
Should you have any unanswered questions, please get in touch with us!
About the council
Founded in early 2016, the council is a registered union of Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies (ACABs) on the one hand, of any Interested Parties (IP) on the other hand.
Its aim is to harmonise the application of the conformity assessment requirements derived from the eIDAS regulation (*), first within its members, but also with regard to the broader conformity assessment community and in partnership with the main stakeholders of the area, such as ETSI, ENISA, CA/Browser Forum, CEN, FESA, ...
It provides many opportunities:
- to encourage, promote and enable the exchange of information between the member organizations ;
- to encourage and support the regular occurrence of conferences and other events and projects, addressing issues of common concern to all member associations;
- to produce and/or endorse policy statements and position papers on key issues such as technical and organizational standards and regulations which are of interest to third parties.
Furthermore, we aim to propose a common set of document templates to be used by member CABs for ETSI as well as for eIDAS audits (audit attestation letter, audit certificate, audit report), providing clarity on audit and report related aspects.
(*) eIDAS regulation (EU) N° 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the European Council of the 23rd of July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market, repealing Directive 1999/93/EC.
ACAB'c and the main stakeholders
Two types of members
There are two types of members:
These are conformity assessment bodies (CAB) accredited by a EA or IAF member according to ISO/IEC 17065 and eIDAS Art.3.18 scope of accreditation in the area of electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions which have declared to strictly follow the ACAB'c Code of Conduct (ACoC) (**).
These are organizations directly or indirectly concerned by accredited CABs and their work, such as:
- Trust Service Providers (TSP),
- EU Supervisory Bodies (SB) and FESA members,
- European Standards Organizations (ESO), like ETSI as well as CEN,
- EU and member state organizations (EU Commission, ENISA),
- Internet Browsers,
- any other interested parties.
(**) Their audits are preformed according to ETSI EN 319 401, EN 319 411-1, EN 319 411-2 and EN 319 421 respectively and under consideration of ETSI EN 319 403 or ETSI EN 319 403-1.